Sep 14, 2019
Mike Byrnes, national speaker, President, Byrnes Consulting, LLC
and part of the Financial Planning Association’s Coaches Corner, is
interviewed by Chris Boyd, Chair of the FPA of MA board of
directors, on this episode of the FPA of Massachusetts’ Wicked
Here are some of the highlights of the conversation
between Chris and Mike that took place July 31, 2019:
- 5:32 What is your business? Mike gave a brief overview of
how Byrnes Consulting helps financial planners.
- 5:51 What is the FPA’s Coaches Corner? Mike mentioned how
he helps with “Business Growth Strategies.”
- 11:54 What have you done so far for the Coaches Corner?
Mike talked about his ‘infotainment’ videos, articles, worksheets
and some new projects currently being developed for financial
- 18:41 Should videos be professionally done? Mike talked
about creating a personal brand, including videos, photos, LinkedIn
profiles and more.
- 25:10 What are some growth strategies? Mike discussed
what he coined the ‘Fist of Growth,’ with five areas where advisors
can be growing.
- 30:30 What about business plans? Mike explained the power
of business planning.
- 32:50 How to do better with strategic alliances? Mike
shared multiple best practices to get more business from other
professionals, companies, etc.
- 41:04 What about client referrals? Mike talked about how
to get more from clients that are already advocates, including some
best practices around event marketing.
Find Mike’s FPA Coaches Corner page: Log in at
www.onefpa.org. Click on
“Coaches Corner” in the blue menu at the top of the page.
Then on that page click on
Business Growth Strategies.
Learn more about Byrnes Consulting and contact Mike
To learn more about the Financial Planning Association of
Massachusetts visit: http://www.FPAMA.org